Monday, February 9, 2009

So close, yet so far

I have six radiation treatments left. This week will be my last full week of treatment. At least, that's what I thought going to the hospital today.

When I saw my radiation oncologist this morning, he did not like what he saw with the radiation burns on my neck. He wants to halt treatment for one week for me to recover (lots of aloe). I was a little reluctant being so close to the end of treatment, but he is the doctor and has been doing this for 37 years so I'm going to listen to his recommendation.

5 comments:

Raf IQ said...

Keep up the good spirits buddy. You've been incredibly inspirational so far!

Anonymous said...

I guess those radiation burns bother the doctor more so than you...? You're a tough guy.

-Ben H

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!

Unknown said...

You're almost there... good job!

Anonymous said...

Almost there Mark.
You & Bobbie are in my prayers...


Tiff T