Thursday, December 10, 2009

Erbitux rash, continued



No chemo this week or next. Doctor prescribed some minocycline (100 mg), which I take twice daily. Not really sure that's helping any, but for sure, the topical ointment did absolutely nothing.

We didn't even make it to week 3 of week 12 of Erbitux. I'm not sure I can take 10 more weeks of this chemo. I struggle sleeping at night because the rash itches so much. I want to ask my doctor to stop. I get the feeling she doesn't want to stop. Not yet. What do we do. What do we do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Mark.

As soon as this is all over, it is you and me and a stream in the mountains...

Marc

Anonymous said...

No replacement medicine?

joshtk76 said...

Jesus, this sounds awful. You are in my thoughts, Mark.

AnilKchintalapati said...

Mark, I hope you have some recovery by now from your last message. I pray for you and will talk to you tomorrow.