Thursday, February 11, 2010

Healthcare, insurance, and doctors


Sooner or later, when dealing with cancer treatment, not only are you battling cancer, you will probably need to battle your insurance company or doctors over health coverage. Unfortunately, it's usually sooner. Fortunately for me, I've had great support from my doctors and my insurance company.

Insurance company paid the radiologist the contracted rate. The doctor is now billing me for the difference. Is that legal? What can I do? What is wrong with health care in the US. And all this with excellent health care coverage.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If the radiologist is in-network, in most cases, part of the deal to stay in is to waive the difference. Wonder why he's charging... Healthcare really is messy, my employer recently switched plans. Where I only had co-pays to deal with, now it's deductibles plus co-insurance, and all this comes with huge premium increases too. *Sigh* Hope the paperwork is just inconvenient but not too awful to deal with.