Sunday, July 11, 2010

Scans and neck biopsy

Last month, I had a PET/CT scan of my whole body, a MRI scan of the head, and a regular CT scan of the neck.  The MRI showed something at the nasopharynx close to the base of skull that was not there on my previous MRI, but that same area does not show activity on the PET scan.  The PET scan does show activity on a level II neck node, which my ENT will attempt to biopsy this week if we can find it on the ultrasound.

Depending on the results of the biopsy, we may need further treatment, perhaps more radiation and chemo but hopefully no more surgery.

Hope you had a great Fourth of July.  I did, spending it with my family and "running" a 10k with my wife!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Thank you for the comments on Mr. Chang it has meant a lot. Glad to hear the PET was clear. Hope everything else turns out as well.