Thursday, September 16, 2010

Chemo

CyberKnife went well.  The right side of my mouth is a bit raw.  Chewing and eating have been difficult for the last few days, but I won't complain too much.  CyberKnife is amazing technology.

We will be moving forward with chemo.  This was possibly the hardest decision of my life since we don't have any data to suggest we absolutely need chemo.  But that 1 possibility out of 100 or 1000 is enough for me.

The protocol my oncologist emailed to me is identical to this study:
http://annonc.oxfordjournals.org/content/13/8/1252.abstract

Every 28 days: gemcitabine (gemzar) on days 1,  8, and 15;  cisplatin, days 1 and 8.

Today, we officially made it to 2 years.

2 comments:

joshtk76 said...

Glad to hear CyberKnife went OK. I hope the chemo works and you get this over with as quickly as possible. My thoughts are with you.

Take care,

--Josh

Raf IQ said...

Glad to hear it went well, Mark.