Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Calm before the storm

Well, the calm before the storm did not last very long. Faced with my first bout of vomit this past weekend, constant nausea, and persistent pain throughout my legs, bones, and ankles, I can say I'm finally feeling much better. Fun! Although it is difficult to sleep through the night with all the side effects, constant drinking of water to flush my system of the chemo drugs, and then getting up all through the night to use the restroom, it is at least very encouraging that the lymph glands on the right side of my neck are already noticeably smaller, the headaches and neck pain have disappeared, and I can turn my neck without discomfort, which I could not do just a week ago.

Tomorrow, I get my 5-FU pump removed so I can at least sleep on a side of my body other than my back.

My feeding tube consultation is scheduled for this afternoon so hopefully I'll find out when they will schedule surgery to have the tube installed.

5 comments:

Raf IQ said...

Sounds like a party going on in your body :) Love your positive attitude!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark, I'm so sorry you had such a rough weekend. Were you taking the ondansetron prior to that setting in or did you only start to take it afterwards? If that isn't working for you, please ask for something else - Emend is a good one, too.

Joshua said...

Hi Mark:

There are a man born in 1940 that had NPC in 2002 in our church,too.
He experienced 40 times radiation treatment, finally the cancer got controlled. However there was a few side effects after that, such as stagnant water in ear, ringing in the ear, hard of hearing, less of saliva,etc. And not just this, the cancer was found metastasizing to lung and liver.
He was suffering, and he chanced to meet our church member, asking him to go to the church and pray.
After a couple of inviting, he did go to the church and pray, and wondrously get cured by praying. Now he is living in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

You can try to pray if you want to rely on Him and leave your burden to him, you can feel him by yourself.

So I want to tell you how we pray...
At first, we say:
In the name of jesus christ we pray.
then we continue to say:
hallelujah hallelujah ....
(you just think about what you want to say, he all knows.)
Finally we say: Amen.

Hope you get better soon~

Sincerely,
Josuha.

Joshua said...

By the way, you can visit our website
http://www.tjc.org

silas1106 said...

Glad to hear that the chemo is already working, despite the nasty side-effects. Will keep praying for you. (eping)